Saturday 9 September 2017

the g club - completing games - episode 12 - jirard the completionist interview

Audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9_sqgITwIY

Arin and Barry have Jirard The Completionist as a guest today to talk about completing games and his history about completing games. There's even an origin story!

That garden gnome thing in Half Life that Barry described reminds me of Amélie.

Jirard talks about how he feels about achievements and the ones where you have to clock up hundreds of hours. He lists out some crazy examples.

I think examples of achievements can be planned well and enjoyable but yeah... many examples of them are mean and not fun.

Ahh that Undertale comedy achievement example is pretty fun :)

I'd say lots of research has to be done alright. Especially now that we have games with online services that expire :(

I haven't watched that many of Jirard's videos but yeah wow I'd imagine that all that planning for an actual show around completing games to the max would be a lot of work. I'm glad he puts emphasis on this point too in order to help me picture it when I can't possibly imagine how much work it is!

That Zelda Korok Seed mask example sounds painful! XD

Ah that's nice :) Jirard says that Arin inspired him to do YouTube videos! :)

The Nintendo staff and Jirard work pretty well together since he ends up being super comprehensive and articulate about games :)

Jirard talks about his recording routine and how he records everything he does and has so much footage that other people ask him for footage! That's amazing :)

Champion's Road in Super Mario 3D World is absolutely painful alright. So painful...

That Battle Square thing with the user feedback he mentions sounds like something else! I haven't seen any of those. Arin says he finds that stuff exciting :)

Arin's right. Jirard really is a great storyteller... This episode of the podcast is compelling and it's thanks to him!

I guess the Sonic 3 & Knuckles Grumpcade that Jirard did with them is kind of like the Battle Square. That was an awesome series and it feels great to win Chaos Emeralds. Especially in that game where you put emeralds you've won at stake in order to power them all up.

I like the idea of recording struggles alright :)

That Korok thing again... whew... I have a few collected and I make sure to keep note of them in my game diary. I don't have a double digit amount yet but hopefully I can keep track of them by numbering the ones I do find!

Holy guacamole... What's Kotaku's beef with Arin?

It's hilarious the way Danny keeps asking Arin to play Kingdom Hearts :)

lol completeypete XD

No comments:

Post a Comment