Wednesday 11 May 2016

Samurai Abstinence Patrol - NSP, My Review!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWXIZk2kTKQ

Super fun animated video by Brandon Turner! I'm gonna have to watch it again to catch some of the gags that sped by as I was watching! So, this song is about Danny and Brian facing their enemies, Arin and Barry of the Samurai Abstinence Patrol. Their clash of ideals, to have sex or to abstain from sex makes for an awesome conflict and plays through like epic musical folklore. Lots of great humour too. The end is ambiguous, which is probably intentional and perhaps it is a battle that is to continue within the listener as they make their own sexual decisions. I do love the sex positivity of NSP's side, which is something that is part of their legacy and one of the big reasons I love them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment