Monday 24 October 2016

EARTHBOUND PART 27 - TELEPORTING MONKEYS ARE COOLER THAN GIBDOS

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEYmYlIOuiU

Barry and Ross start with some Pig Latin.

They make it out of Moonside in one piece!

Ross talks about being on the bus one day when they get the bus in-game. Some weird people on the bus alright and I hate the weird ones that try to ruin your day. Doesn't happen too often to me thankfully.

They go into the Monkey Caves. I remember this place. It's a bit disorienting but not the worst... there's the Gibdo Dungeon in Majora's Mask which is almost exactly like this but far more annoying!

Dragonite in this case is a nod to Dragon Quest, which had a thing called BeDragon. They both give you access to strong dragon powers.

Oh no! The air conditioning is broken and they're dying with the heat! It kinda reminds me of my first EarthBound playthrough, which was in the middle of a warm summer. The music kinda suits the situation, but not the most pleasant to listen to on repeat I'd imagine!

Lots of inventory management stuff going on here... I guess this is where Majora's Mask is better. Nothing bad about Majora's Mask inventory management, apart from some things resetting when you go back in time. I'd still rather chat with monkeys than Gibdos though!

They learn the Teleport move, which is one of my favourite things about EarthBound! It's like the Zoom spell in Dragon Quest! :) Zoom is much easier to use though because you don't need any space to use it, but it's not as fun and cool as Teleport!

No comments:

Post a Comment