Saturday 19 August 2017

the g club - metal gear - episode 9 - metal gear memories

Audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSaKAAPmkvc

Arin, Barry, Suzy and Jory talk about the Metal Gear series this time.

They talk a lot about Hideo Kojima and the series in general. This podcast is nearly two hours along, but on the topic of Metal Gear, that's kind of short!

That's cool hearing about Barry's memories of sneaking the game around home because he wasn't allowed play it :)

It's sad about the stuff that happened at Konami, but seeing a game like Super Bomberman R was a nice thing.

Ah... the idea of the "Phantom Pain" having an extra layer of meaning because of the big break up and fall out is nice from a fan point of view I suppose.

If I could speculate on Kiefer Sutherland's casting, I wanna say that Phone Booth had an influence.

They have a big ol' discussion about Quiet as well.

Ahhh I remember "Sons Of Fat" in Suzy and Arin's playthrough of MGSV :) good playthrough!

They get pretty animated talking about MGS4 as well :)

I love the idea of having music cassette tapes to listen to while you do missions! :) love extra stuff like that! I never played that game so this is pretty cool to hear about. It reminds me of the music you can listen to in Activision Anthology for PS2.

They talk about their favourite Snakes and Metal Gears :) I'm not sure who my favourite is. David Hayter forever though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment